Sunday, November 22, 2009

My first email from Russia!

Hi!!

So my p-day is Wednesday... but I have no idea when it is there... probably super early Wednesday morning I think or something.

I'M HERE! Thanks SOOO much for the e-mails! Here's the deal, I can only write one e-mail to family only so if you like, you can forward it to whomever. Thanks!

Much to talk about!! after like, 5 days I'm in a city called Irkutsk. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irkutsk
I traveled on a train for about 1 1/2 days (fun! after about a day... :) ) and arrived early morning in Irkutsk where some very cheerful people came to meet us. (me and Elder Petersen.) It's very cold here, but while I was in Novosibirsk, I was able to buy some boots. And me and Sister Gorlova went to the renik (outside shopping area... CRAZY!) and I got a coat and amazing gloves and hat. So I'm nice and warm!

So my companion- her name is Sister Gorlova. She's from the Samara mission. She's SUPER nice and so patient with me. Oh my goodness, I am blessed to have her. She's halfway done with her mission, so she has a lot of experience. She knows like ummmm..... no English. Well she knows the basics- I probably know more in Russian than she does in English. We play a lot of charades and always have the slavar (dictionary) with us. It's good- we understand each other for the most part, haha.

The people in the npuxog (branch) are VERY nice. The young ladies are all so sweet, and they enjoy trying to talk to me... I think it's because I'm amusing. The branch is very small. A lot of adults and only one young woman. No kids. Maybe 4 Priesthood holders. So it's quite different.

We've done a few lessons of course, and I don't understand most of what's going on...

But all in all it's been great- I'm here and settled in and stuff! Our apartment is quite nice really- there's some pics here.  Enjoy!

Welp, I'm out of time-- I love you and I hope all is well! Oh- and tell Dayton that the Russian people- Cannot sing. I mean, really. It's sad. Ahaha.

Have a great day!!!! LOVES!!!!

Love,

Sister Reed


The King of Pop in Russia.


Train ride from Novosibirsk to Irkutsk.


A town along the way, Russian countryside.


Our apartment building.


The "stall".  :)


Welcome home!


Work area.



Here are some of my last pictures from the MTC...


Me and my cousin Hermana Brodhead!!  It was so nice having her at the MTC with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment