Thursday, June 10, 2010

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeealing Waters Wooooooah (haha)

Hello everyone!!  It's interesting to hear that it's been rainy there.  It has here too a bit.  It's kind of nice though because one day (don't remember which) it was super hot outside.  Then it rained for a bit and I got cooled off.  Then the sun came out and dried me off.  Haha.  It was super nice! 

Well this week was pretty cool.  A couple of really cool stories! 
First, we went looking for this inactive woman on Sunday.  Her name is Nonna.  We found her and she let us in.  We talked for a bit and she said that she's been a member for about 5 years, but inactive for about 2.  She said that she has depression and you can tell.  The energy really does get sucked out in her apt. and her presence.  It was pretty bad, and you could tell that she was just having a really hard time.  We talked some more and she said that she didn't want to come to church because she couldn't/wouldn't pay tithing and didn't want to take the sacrament unworthily.  She didn't want anyone to look at her and judge her.  After some more discussing, I got his prompting to share 1 Nephi 3:7 with her.  I explained how God doesn't ask us to do things without giving us a way to fulfill it- like paying tithing or keeping the sabbath day by coming to sacrament.  She stared at her scriptures for a long time and was just really thinking about it.  The spirit was really strong in the room.  It was a very neat experience and I know that our meeting helped her at least a little.  We will be working with her and trying to help her become active again.  I could feel God's love for her, and I have faith that if we follow the spirit, we can do what it takes to help her.

Second story: We had a first meeting with this lady yesterday and we had planned to talk about the plan of salvation with her.  Her husband died a few months ago, and she had started to drink.  But I know that she was sober when we talked with her.  She LOVED the things we talked to her about.  And she loved when we read from the Book of Mormon.  She is so ready and excited to hear more.  She enjoyed when we talked about how she and her husband could be together not only until death, but for eternity.  Heavenly Father had prepared her in her life to be ready to listen to and accept the restored gospel.  I feel that the death of her husband was sort of the topping- she is yearning for spiritual truth and upliftment to help her through this time.  It was such a cool expereince!  I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father is using us as His instruments to help His children come back to Him!

So I'm sorry I didn't answer all of your questions, but I love you all and am so happy that you're a part of my life!  :)

Dad- You're awesome and I love you!  I hope that I can get to know more about what you do at work and become familiar with that part of your life.  And I hope that you have the opportunity to ride your motorcycle soon!  :)

Mom- You are the best!!  Thanks for all you do and I hope you feel better so so soon!  I pray that you and the doctors can figure out what needs to be done to help you feel better!  :)  And I pray that you will keep your neck and not get it cut off!  :) :)

Aunt Barbara- Thanks so so much for your e-mail!  I'll be writing you soon!  I love you!!


Have a great week!  I love you!!  :)

Love,
Sister Reed :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment