Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm dreamin of a white Christmas.....

Howdy!  Thanks Mom and Dad for the e-mails.  :)  You're the best.  :)

It is SO snowy here!  Out of control!!

Things have been good this week.  We've been able to meet with Katya again a couple times, and she's so awesome.  We popped her the question (asked her if she would get baptized) last night, and she said that she wants to receive a concrete answer about the truthfullness of the church first.  She's been praying, but she doesn't feel like she's receieved an answer yet.  Please pray for her that she will receieve an answer.  She is amazing, and I know that Heavenly Father has prepared her for this time in her life.  Also, we've still been meeting with Sasha, the 8-year old who will be getting baptized Dec 26th.  She's pretty excited.  Yesterday, we actually get a new investigator!  her name is Masha and she's 11 years old.  She doesn't know much about God or anything, so we're pretty excited to teach her!  She wants to know more, and that's awesome.
ALSO, we met with this inactive woman for the first time (did I already tell you about this?) and her daughter was there as well.  She's about 20-ish.  The whole time we were talking, I thought she was a member, but turns out that she's still not baptized!  The mom and her daughter who lives in America are members.  We asked her daughter, Katya, why she didn't get converted and baptized with her Mom and sister, and she just said that she doesn't really know... maybe it wasn't just her time.  Well we asked her if she would like to meet with us and know more about what we believe, and she said yes she would like to!  When we ended the lesson with them, they kept saying that there was a wonderful spirit in the room, warm and pleasant.  They recognized what it was.  It was neat.

So things have been moving on!  It's super cool!  It makes being here in this huge city better.  I still have no idea where I'm going... haha!

AND!!!! I got a way cool package!!  It came really fast!!!  I opened everything except for two things.... for Christmas.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!  I loved everything!  But I don't understand... are you wanting me to get fat right before I go home?!?  there was tons of candy!!  Haha!  I'm gonna have to pace myself and share a lot with people.  But thanks so much for everything!!  You guys are awesome!!  I also enjoyed the necklace and earrings.  From what they mean, I'll be well protected and I won't be having any stomach problems!  :) :)
You made my day!  It was very nice of you!!  :)

 Dad- the goose tasted like chicken really... but a bit different.  It was good, actually!  Better than a jack-rabbit!  (get it?  hah)
No, I will never serve in the office- yahoo!  Sisters usually never to that.  interesting, huh?
The branch here is pretty big it seems.  There are actually 3 branches in Novo, but I only have to go to one, which is good.

I'm excited to talk to you guys on Christmas!  When would you like to do it?  I'll send you the info about it, and you can tell me when is most convenient for you, ok?
I love you!!!  

Mom- That's hilarious about the man singing "santa baby"!!  WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?!?!?!?  Hahahaha.  I heard the "last christmas I gave you my heart..." song, but it wasn't the creepy version, and I was happy.  :)

My companion is good- we try our best to understand each other, haha.  I am her second companion, so I still have to train a bit, and also let her show what she knows.  She knows the city, so she's pretty much in charge of that.  So things are going alright.
Thanks for everything!  I love you!!!

Everyone have a great week!  Stay warm!!  Don't forget about me!  :)

Love,
Sister Reed :)


                        1) The elders carving the Thanksgiving goose

                                      2) happy Thanksgiving!

                        3) At the bus station leaving Barney

4) We took pics as a Zone one p-day.  This is one of just us Sisters.  Me, my comp Sis. Vasilevskaya, Sis. McCauley, Sis. Gneiting, Sis. Schwab

0 comments:

Post a Comment