Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Turkey..I mean...Thanksgiving Day! :)

 Hello Hello my dear family and friends!

Whoa... way to steal my thunder... no surprise for you about my transfer calls!  Sister McCauley is so sneaky.  Yes, I will be staying in Novo for my last couple of transfers.  SO SO SO sad to leave Barnaul!!  This has really become my home.  I did see it coming, though, and I have peace about going to Novo.  I will have another Russian companion, so that will be awesome to get back into some hard core practice before I come home!  And I've met my future companion already, and she's way cool so it should be great.

This week has been busy so far with meeting with lots of people to say goodbye.  On Saturday, there was this musical salon at the branch. A lot of the members participated,and it was really cool.  However, it stunk for us because NO ONE could meet that day because they were all getting ready for it. And of course they have to prepare all day. haha  So me and Sister Fronk took our shot at tracting.  We tracted into the apartment building right next to the branch.  Of course it was interesting and kinda funny- people crack me up.  But the coolest part was when this woman let us in!!  We were able to talk with her about the Book of Mormon and give her one.  She agreed to meet again!! Her name is Tatiana, and she has a little baby boy, and maybe another child. Her husband is away a lot for work so she's kinda lonely.  :(  But we were way excited!  We set up a meeting with her for yesterday, but she got sick and could not meet. :(  I hope the sisters can meet with her in the future-- she seems really great.

Yesterday we met with Olga for the last time, and that was sad.  I hope that in the near future she will be baptized.  Perhaps it will take just reading the Book of Mormon, and she will receive her answer.  But at this rate, it will take her forever to finish it.  We have been giving her assignments and reading with her where she left off at each lesson.  But I think that things will work out for her.

Coming out of her house, it was dark and cold.  Winter is really here!  It snowed a lot, and then of course people walk on the snow and pack it down... then in the night it gets really cold and freezes the snow. So it's pretty slippery. Anyway, I did my first big fall for the season.  Hooray.  Haha.  I fell flat on my backside- it took me by surprise. All of a sudden, my legs were in front of me and I was on the ground.  But oh my goodness, it hurt so bad!  I felt like I broke my bum.  Hah- I had to tell Sis Fronk to give me a second before I could start walking again.  oof.  That night I iced my backside with our frozen veggies... haha.  It still hurts a bit- but only really when I walk.  

But anyway, seems like Mom and Dad, you know more about me coming home than I do.  Bummer that it will be midnight. yuck.  But that will be nice to just get a fresh night's sleep and relax after a nice long flight.  :)
Hey, is there any kind of souvenirs (sp?) you are going to want before I go home?  Just let me know!

Mom- I will be happy to go right after I get home on a trip with you.  Sounds way fun!  :)  Hope you have a fabulous Thansgiving!  We will be here in Barney for Thansgiving, so it should be interesting w/o having a senior couple!  Haha.  I love you so much!

Dad- Glad that you're enjoying your bus rides.  Sounds relaxing.  Does that mean that you have to leave earlier in the morning to ride the bus?  Are there ever weirdies on the bus?  heh.  You are great!  I hope you have a great week!  Take pics at Thanksgiving, ok?  :)  I love you!!

Good luck with the cold weather!  Doesn't sound too fun!  But I understand you!!

I love you all!  Stay happy!!

Love,
Sister Reed  :)


                  1) us at the famous Barnaul letters.  Very dirty day

                              2) Natalia and Djenna

                          3) Mmmm yummy fishy sandwiches....

4) Me in front of Baba Tatiana's house  (p.s.Mom- I hope you don't care that your grandkids will be calling you "baba" :) )

                                        5) Slick streets

6) haha... me with the Myromsev family.  Like that outfit they dressed me up in?

0 comments:

Post a Comment