Sunday, January 16, 2011

Hello

Hi-

This will be my last p-day in Novo and then I'm off to Krasnoyarsk.

First off, I wanted to ask about buying stuff--
Mom, I know that you wanted boots, right?  I was wondering how much you would be willing to spend?  A good pair is about $90 probably-- and could you please measure your calf?  :)  It does matter. :)
Also, if anyone wants some cheap but cool Russian ties, they cost about 250 rubles which I believe is about $7 or $8.  Let me know!  It's super cheap and they're pretty cool!
And I found out that men's russian hats are about $40-$60.  Would you still like one?  Okay, let me know what you want!

Well I'm not quite sure what to update you on.... things are pretty much the same.  The investigators that we had any hope in kinda all fell off the face of the earth, and we haven't been able to meet in a long while.  :(
But we've had the opportunity to meet with our recent convert, Galya, a lot more lately, and that makes us happy. :)  We were happy to see her and her whole family at church on Sunday... which is way cool because her Mom and Grandpa are both inactive.  But they all came! That was one of the happy moments of the week.  That, and we have been talking to members of the church more about missionary work and sharing the gospel with their friends.  It is a joy when they are excited to do it and promise to share the joy that they have in their lives with those they love.

I would also like to do that:  I am so happy that I have a knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know that He is our redeemer, and through Him, we can return to live with our loving Heavenly Father.  We can receive forgiveness of our sins through Him.  I know that we have a prophet on the earth today, and that he receives revelation from God.  We can find happiness and safety in our lives when we listen to his words and follow what He says.  He is called of God.  I know that the scriptures are holy word of God.  I know that they are written for us to help us find our way through this hectic life.  God loves us so much that He really didn't leave us here alone, but He has supplied us with all sorts of ways to receive guidance in our lives.  I am so grateful for prayer and the power it brings when we sincerely pray to Heavenly Father from our hearts and follow the guidance He gives.
I love this gospel!  I know that God's church is on the earth, restored again through the prophet, Joseph Smith.

I hope you all have a super great week!  I hope all of those spiders have ran away out of my room!

I love you all!

Sister Reed :)

                                           1) Pink house!

                                           2) Crazy right?

3) We had a New Years party-- there is Snegurichka in the blue (she's Ded Moroz's grnddaughter.  Ded Moroz is their Santa)

                          4) Me and Sis Vasilevskaya

    5) The gospel will be preached in every land and on every sea!

                                   6) English Club

0 comments:

Post a Comment