Sunday, January 17, 2010

Heal the world...make it a better place...

Yes, I heard that song today in the store. Good times.

Hello everyone!! How goes it? Good, I hope!!

Dayton- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Yay!!! I hope it's super great! P.s.- There's something coming for you.... ;)

Well here I am living the life in Russia. I still can't believe I'm here. Crazy. But it's super great!! This week we talked to this girl from English Club.. her name is Hastya. She is about 21 ish I think. We gave her the first lesson a couple days later and it was so great. The things that she said just brought me to the true realization that Heavenly Father prepares people to hear the gospel. Throughout her life, she has had experiences where it was one step closer for her heart to be open to God. Or where she just thought of those questions in her life that can be answered with the gospel. On Sunday we watched the Restoration video (love it! Yes, it is in another language, but I feel the spirit every time. :) ) And she really enjoyed it. Later she got to talking and said that she cries every time someone prays. And she began to cry. You can tell she had a special connection with our Heavenly Father. And at that moment I saw the love Heavenly Father has for her. However, she was frightened to pray herself because she'd never done it before. As you know, Satan is really mean sometimes and likes to attack good people who try to make good choices. So we're praying for her that she will stay strong in this time that she is investigating the church.

I do feel blessed to have a Russian companion. It does help for sure! I know Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he put us together! :)

Thanks so much for your e-mails. And I really appreciate your words of encouragement and your prayers. It's always so helpful. Mom, thanks for everything. You really are the best of the best. Dad, thanks for the pictures and everything!

And Grandma-- thanks for the e-mail!!! It was super great to hear from you! Yes, I LOVED the pants! They are so super warm and comfy! I love you! Keep being wonderful!! :)

Well I hope you all have the best week ever!!! I love you all so much! Keep being happy and healthy and everything! I'm so grateful for you all!!

Love,

Sister Reed :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment