Sunday, March 28, 2010

Praise to the Lord, The Almighty, The King of Creation!

We got this super cool Mormon Tab Choir CD and now I have that song stuck in my head.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!  THANKS THANKS THANKS for the letters this week!!  It was SO good to hear from all of you!  I got an awesome e-mail from Kymi Dotson with pictures of an ADORABLE baby!!  Can you tell her thanks for me and get her address for me so I can write her back, please??  Thanks!!  :)

AND could you tell Krystine- I LOVED your letter!  I laughed so hard at the poem... sounds like you really made an impression on someone.. haha!  And I sent you a letter l couple weeks ago, but I'm thinking now that you won't be in Vegas anymore by the time it gets there.... But you're awesome, and good luck with your last couple of days of student teaching!  Love you!!

Also, I got a letter from Aunt Barbara and Heather, but it was ripped in two, and sent to me in a US postal envelope.  Haha- I have no idea what happened- but THANKS or the letter!  You two are amazing- I can always count on you.  Thank you so much for your constant love and support!

So this week was pretty interesting.  Last Wed we hung out with Aiuna, our super awesome friend that I love so dear.  (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned her before, and if I have, I'm pretty sure I spell her name differently each time.)  She showed us around Irkutsk a bit and it was super fun!  Then that night we went to the dress rehearsal of her play, and of course we didn't understand anything because it was all in Russian.  But it was cool!!  The play is called The Cherry Garden, I believe.  So that was fun!  Afterwards, the director asked us all how we liked the play because it was just a practice and she wanted feed-back.  We told her we didn't understand much of anything, but we enjoyed it!  :)   
 
Sister Gneiting went to Finland this past weekend so I had 3 companions.  Anya, Mondyhai, and Nastya.  They each spent a night with me which was fun.  :)  They each want to go on missions so it was a cool experience for them to be a missionary for a day each.  

We got a new investigator from English Club- her name is Hadya.  She's pretty cool.  She wants to know English really bad.  So bad even that as we were teaching her, she asked us to translate into english as we taught. ..... It was weird.  She said, I want to know about Jesus, but I also want to know English, and I think this will help.  But she seems very interested!  She already has read the Book of Mormon and she enjoys it!  So we are going to have another meeting with her tomorrow.  We have high hopes that she'll come to church on Sunday.  When we invited her to come this week, she was a little nervous.  So we'll see!  Helen and Natasha are both very busy so we haven't been able to meet with them.  Man it's hard when people are so busy and they can't meet with us.  It slows things down a lot.

Mom, you asked for a prayer story..  I don't know why but that's such a hard question!  As a missionary, I feel like I just pray and pray non-stop because we do- we pray all the time throughout the day.  Mainly because there is this scripture in the BoM that says that we shouldn't do anything before we pray and make sure the Lord is consecrating our day.  So I just feel like it's so important to pray at the beginning of the day and before we have a meeting with someone or anything of the sort where we might affect someone's life, like contacting or even leaving our home in the morning.  I feel like in our lives we need to constantly acknowledge that Heavenly Father has all control, and we should ask for His help in all things that we do.  We will be the most successful and the most happy that way, because we know we have the Almighty, King of Creation looking out for us and on our side.  I can tell you of experiences where I've had the opportunity to talk to someone but been so scared.  Then I pray for courage and strength to do it and He helps me.  It's like, when we realize all He can do, if we have faith and know that He answers our prayers, we can do marvelous things too.  But I don't know, I'd have to think about it for a while to come up with one specific situation about prayer... and you don't have time for that.  Sorry..... Man I wish I had more time, I could probably come up with something good.....  But good luck on your talk, and if you feel the desire to send it to me that would be cool!!

Thanks for the HUG!!  Here's one for you--  <---------------------------0------------------------>  
I hope Joslyn feels better soon.  That is no fun being sick, and especially when you're so little!  And good luck with your MRI- Man, that doesn't sound fun at all!!!!  Let me know how it goes!  I LOVE YOU!!!

Dad- I'm thinking it would be okay to send that adoption paper.  You could probably e-mail the Southams if you like and ask- Pres Southam is the 1st counselor in the mission presidency I believe.  Our mission president's name is Jon Trejo.  His e-mail is trejojon7@gmail.com.  I'm sure it would be just fine, but there's some info for ya.  :)  that's cool about your friend, Matt!!  I bet he was surprised when he found out about how you and mom got married and all that!!  Or did he already know?  Cool stuff!!  I love you!!!  Have a wonderful week at work and everything!  :)

Thanks Dayton for the e-mail!  Send some pics of this hyper Clay, ok?  :)  And of Ashley and you and your little family.  :)   And good luck with your Russian!  If you want to, you can e-mail me in Russian to practice!  :)  I love you!!!

I love you all!  Take care and have a fabulous week!  Until next time...........
С любовю,
Сестра Рид :)

1) Galina.  And Nikita her cat.  This woman is pretty funny.  She's inactive but came to church last week with us.  

               2) Me with Aiuna, my dearest dear friend.  :)

               3) On a bridge by the Angara River.

                4) Us on our little day out.

                 5) Pretty museum

6) Well that's something you don't see everyday!  You do what you gotta do when you're ice-fishing in Siberia!

                   7) Mondyhai- one of my dear companions

                   8) We don't get mail much...

         9) You asked to see what Irkutsk looks like in the Spring.... haha

0 comments:

Post a Comment