Sunday, October 10, 2010

And I think to myself... what a wonderful world...

Hello hello everyone!  Thanks for the e-mails!
Aunt Barbara and Krystine, it was way great hearing from you and all about your adventures!  I love you!

Well this week was a bit different than usual.  We took a bus to Novo and had a 3-day training from President.  It was 8 sessions of training, and practice in between.  It was way cool.  He basically taught us about how we can teach better, and he pumped us up and helped our faith.  It was way cool.  What he actually taught us wasn't anything new- it was all out of Preach My Gospel.  But he taught us again, and it was a good experience.  Really spiritual. I'm excited to use everything I learned. So that's why this e-mail is so late. Sorry about that.

Last week we went to this BEAUTIFUL park they have here about 40 minutes away from the city.  Here are some pics from it.  It was sooo fun!  Nature is just amazing- I love it.  The two women that went with us were members, Larisa and Tatiana.  Tatiana used to work at this park (they have excursions there), so she showed us around.  There are trees and plants from all over the world.  See if you can recognize which bush is in the 4th pic (the sign says "plants of northern america")

We haven't seen Conference yet- not sure when we will.  I haven't heard about it yet.  I didn't even know that it was conference weekend!  Haha!!  But it sounds like from what you all said that it was amazing, so I'm really excited to see it. :)

There is this way cool girl, Olya, that comes to english who invited us to her house to look at her paintings she does.  She is way talented!  So that was way sweet.  I love talking to other people who appreciate art as well. :)  I'll send a video of her playing this Russian instrument- domra.  Tell me if you can hear it, ok?  So cool.

So at that training, Pres also announced transfers.  I was so stinkin nervous- he announced it while everyone was there in this room- I think they announce transfers like that in America, right?  At ZC?  And he made us all stand as zones to announce what it happening with us... just made it worse.  Haha.  So anyway, turns out that I will be staying here in Barny (which I'm pretty happy) and Sister Fronk is coming back to me as my compy!  I'm super excited!  Should be a sweet transfer.

I'm so glad to hear that things have been better for you at home.  I really tried to pray for you.  :)
I'm glad that you also had fun on your little trip together, Mom and Dad, and Dad you're awesome for setting goals and fulfilling them!  Such a good example!  Funny that Shon and Kimberlee had a little parenting experience... haha... I can only imagine.  :)  They're awesome.

Mom- I hope you find your ring!  Hopefully by the time you get this, you already have. :)  I get your letter, too.  Thank you so much!  You are such a good colorer!  :)  but the best part was the words you write me. Thank you for your support!  You are wonderful!  I hope you are feeling so much better these days!  I love you!

Dad- I'm so glad to hear that things have gotten better in all ways!  Keep up the hard work and I know that all will work out!!!  You are so great!!!   Thanks for all you do... you're the best Dad ever.  :)  I love you!!!

OH-- I thought about Christmas.  :)  Doritos and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups is what I have to say.  I realize that Doritos might not live, but it would be so sweet!  And any other American candy would be super de duper. Mike and Ikes?  :)  Anything your little hearts desire...I will love.  Most importantly that it will not be expensive!

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Keep smiling!  Its contagious!  :) :)

Love,
Sister Reed :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment